The Alpine Academy is a number of group homes with a school school near Erda, Utah
They have a capacity of a total of 50 girls in the group homes .
The stay last between 10 and 12 months .
It was founded in 2001 .
Alpine Academy is located in a sparsely populated rural community, Erda, near Tooele, Utah.
- Gene Smith Home 
- Pine Canyon Home
- Willow Creek Home
- Oak Ridge Home
- Cottonwood Grove Home
Each home has alarms monitoring activity in each room 
The program is on Heal-online's investigation list .
In the news
- A expansion project worries the neighbors 
- May 11, 2009 a "house parent" was charged with with four counts of rape, two counts of forcible sodomy and tampering with a witness . The facility made a statement where they expressed concern. . He was later sentenced to 1 to 15 years 
- 2011 a girl detained at one of the group homes ran away. She was shot when the police approached her and her boyfriend 
- Info: Homepage of the program
- Info: Marketing page for the facility
- Info: Blog of one of the employees
- Info: Blog of one of the former detainees
- Info: Jonathan Carver, bad-bad-teacher
- Info: Tooele School Supervisor Accused Of Raping Student, ku-TV, May 15 2009
- Forum: Indepent Small Programs Alliance, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Alpine Academy Complaints - Sex & Rape Charges, a thread on Complaintsboard.com
- Forum: Alpine Academy employee accused of raping student, a thread on Topix.com
- Program data on NATSAP
- Homepage of the parent company
- Homepage of the counseling service
- The group home on Google maps
- Plans for Erda girls ranch spark fear, by Stephen Speckman, Deseret News, December 9 2002
- HEAL-online investigation list
- 'House parent' held for sex with student, By Lindsay Whitehurst, The Salt Lake Tribune, May 16 2009
Rape, Sodomy, Witness Tampering at Alpine Academy, a thread on Fornits webforum
Boarding school employee accused of sex with student, KSL5.com, May 15 2009
Kaysville man charged with sexual felonies, byJacob Hancock, Deseret News, May 15 2009
- Statement by Alpine Academy On Staff Arrest, press-release made by Alpine Academy on Strugglingteens.com - an industry marketing firm, June 4 - 2009
- Employee of school for troubled teens sentenced for sexual abuse, KSL.com, October 6, 2009
- Family of slain teen files wrongful death lawsuit against state, By Emiley Morgan, KSL, February 21 2013