Beulah Mountain Christian Academy
Beulah Mountain Christian Academy was a behavior modification facility located on 2995 Beulah Heights Road, Whitley City, Kentucky
They were able to detain 62 teenagers.
Awaiting further info
In the news
Some staff at the facility was on child for child abuse but they were aquitted .
At their trial this week, Jeff Shaw acknowledged using paddling and light kicks to correct behavior among the troubled students at the academy. But there was no intent to harm kids and the punishment was never harsh enough to be cruel, which is what the law prohibits, the defense argued.
- Info: Boarding school temporarily closed after alleged abuse, By Alan Maimon, The Courier-Journal/February 15, 2002 (Reprint from the Rick A. Ross Institute of New Jersey)
- Info: Tough love or abuse? - Families defend, assail academy - School denies state's allegations, By Alan Maimon, Courier-Journal, Louisville, Kentucky, 1 March 2002 (Extracts from World Corporal Punishment Research)
- Info: A house of hope, From the worst of circumstances, kids come to Hope Children's Home to learn and be nurtured in a Christian, family environment, by Tim Grant, St Petersburg Times, Florida, 18 October 2002 (Reprint from World Corporal Punishment Research)
- Info: School closed amid abuse allegations will reopen, By Alan Maimon, Courier-Journal, Louisville, Kentucky, 23 April 2003 (Reprint from World Corporal Punishment Research)
- Info: Jury to get abuse case at eastern Kentucky boarding school, Jacksonville.com, October 18 - 2002
- Forum: Beulah Mountain Christian Academy, a thread on Topix.com
- Two Officials At Private McCreary County School Are Acquitted - Educators not guilty of abuse, By Bill Estep, Lexington Herald-Leader, Kentucky, 19 October 2002 (Reprint from World Corporal Punishment Research)