Red River Academy
From Fornits Wiki
Red River Academy is the newest school related to the WWASP organization. The facility is located on 2810 Highway 71, Lecompte, Louisiana 71346 . Lecomte is a small, old town in Central Louisiana 
The building used to be an old nursery home.
They use a WWASP level system
A typical day
The daily schedule are destribed below by survivors:
- Testimony #1 "Blair" 
- Being woken up at 7:00 am by a bunch of screaming staff members.
- 30 minutes are given to get dressed, make our beds, brush teeth, and line up to go do push-ups.
- Next follows breakfast and then back to the rooms to get dressed for class.
- After class it is time for something called progress review...its involve talking to the family representative about how the detainee are doing and if there are things (within the strict rules), which the detainee need. It takes about an hour.
- Classes for an hour and a half follows next After an hour of that we go to lunch and then back to class for an hour and a half.
- After lunch we go to watch an educational video..some bullshit..usually national geographic. Then back to class for an hour.
- After that we go to emotional video which is usually about drugs or violence or something like that.
- Then we get one hour outside everyday. We go out and play basketball everyday.
- After that we come inside and get a 7 min shower(7 min. to get undressed, shower, dry off, put on a shirt and line up)
- After we get dressed again we go play either dominoes or spades or rummy or something like that.
- Class for an hour.
- An hour of personal time
- 30 minutes to get ready for shutdown at 9:30 pm.
- Testimony #2 "Boothe" 
Students were to get up promptly at 7:00 and ready themselves for exercises. At 7:05 we went to the "Activity Room" and exercised for 30 minutes. 7:35 - 8:00 was breakfast. 8:00 - 9:00 was school. 9:00 - 11:30 was "educational video & emotional growth video". 11:30 to 12:30 was PE. 12:30 to 1:00 was Lunch. 1:00 to 5:00 was school, with a 5 minute restroom break in between. Then on to Dinner, showers, reading time and then sleep. This was how things worked 365 days a year. No weekends. No holidays. Nothing.
- Testimony #3
Red River Academy in Lecompte is one of the last schools still open in the former WWASP chain. The use a level system where the student enters with no rights - not even the right to speak in the phone with the parents. It has to be earned. They can write but every criticism has to be removed before the letter can be sent. The students on the lowest levels are not even allowed to speak with each other. Properly they also have to speak Spanish when talking together. It makes it possible to hire low-priced staff taking only servant. In order to advance the students and the parents have to participate in seminars consisting of psychodrama. It is the seminars where the breakthroughs are achieved. They use restraints and time-out rooms where a time out can last days. It is basically a kind of prison and they can fix every problem in the world. A TV-program years back about another school in Montana run under the same chain showed how even parents who makes inappropriate touches use these schools to remove the memory of possible abuse at the students.
As it is normal in the level system, visitation from the parents is something to be earned, but the school administration has made it possible for the parents to come and visit the facility without the detained teenager seeing or meeting them. They have a window where visiting parents can see their son or daugther during PE on the outside.
Letter are the only means of communication while the detainees are placed on the lower levels and they are required to their write parents online every Sunday. Each letter to their parents must be at least one paragraph long.
4 detainees live in a single room - there are 2 bunk beds, and the bottom bunk is considered the "bunk buddy" to the top rack. The detainee using the lower bed is usually at a higher privelege level.
There are rules about using bathrooms:
- The bathroom door has to be cracked at least 3 inches at all times, even while the detainee is using the bathroom.
- Detainees must wait at least 30 minutes after eating to use the bathroom (in case of eating disorders)
- Use the restroom is not permitted to take longer than 3 minutes.
The detainees are given 3 well-rounded meals each day. Because the facility is in Louisiana, the meals are often Cajun food. There is a "minimum eating rule." The detained teenagers have to eat at least 70% of the food on their tray, or the staff makes the detainee stay after everyone else so he or she can finish the meal. If the detainee refuses, he or she will be sent to "Intervention".
- Being placeed in "Intervention" (a white room with a chair in the center).
- Being forced to wear an orange shirt. This punishment is given to those who talk about running away and to those on suicide-watch. Detainees wearing the orange shirt have to run 40 laps on a concrete basketball court instead of the usual 5 laps in a mud/grass area.
They also use the normal category-scale for offences from the level program. Example:
- While walking the corridors, all those walking must keep formation. The detainees have to keep their eyes on the head of the person in front of them - if a detainee "break line structure" by glancing out at the chaperons or looking around, the detainees are given a "Category 1 infration" (a 50-word essay).
- Category 5 infractions result in essays of 1,500 words.
- A second offence committed while the first has not been paid up, results in the detainee automatically being placed on Category 5 and being sent to "Intervention." While in "Intervention," the detainee is ordered to copy the student handbook a certain amount of times, and then complete however many essays or "consequences" they were given.
- There are cameras everywhere on the facility - except dorm rooms.
- Red River Academy is a lock-down facility with magnetic key-cards, and a 10-foot white fence surrounded the outside.
- The detained teenagers are to march in line structure from room to room.
- Male and female detainees aren't allowed any contact whatsoever (except briefly during seminars). They are ordered to turn their heads while marching through the hallways in order to avoid seeing the opposite sex on the other end of the hall.
- There are visits to the "library" once a week (a small room with bookshelves and approved reading materials).
- There are restrictions on speaking with other detainees at any time (unless the levels added up to 4 [ie. level 1 and level 3 may talk] but only during PE and leisure time- there also has to be a third person in EVERY conversation)
- If the detainee succeeds in staying out of Intervention for an entire week, he or she is allowed to watch movies on Sunday for a few hours.
- Lead Guitarist Andrew Stafford from the group "No Andy No" 
A escape done by 3 girls took taken place in July 2009 
3 girls, whose names have not been released, ran from Red River Academy in July 2009. The girls kicked down a floor-level air conditioning vent and crawled through the hole. The girls jumped the fence and ran to the nearby gas station where they hitch-hiked to Texas. After a few weeks, the girls were stopped and discovered at a traffic-stop for speeding. The driver, age 23, was arrested for helping the three minors. The eldest of the three girls, who was 17 at the time, was tried as an adult for various theft and drug/alcohol related charges. The two younger girls, aged 14 and 15, were sent back. Futher information was not released.
- Info: Program Homepage
- Survivor group: FREE FROM RED RIVER ACADEMY, Myspace
- Survivor group: Red River Academy Alumni, facebook
- Gaoler group: Family of Red River Academy, facebook
- Forum: WWASP - forum on Fornits
- Forum: Anti-WWASP Red River Academy Forum (Registration required)
- Forum: Red River Academy, a thread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: red river academy---- need info, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Fighting Institutional Child Abuse Network - WWASP forum